Meniscus surgery, whether it'southward a partial meniscectomy or meniscal repair, can be performed arthroscopically. It's all the same a large surgery that requires fourth dimension and effort to recover successfully. In this Ask Dr. Geier video, I hash out the procedure of starting to bend your genu after meniscus surgery.

Natasha asks:

What can I do to improve the bending of my human knee afterward fractional lateral meniscectomy? I am 12 days post op. I am able to fully straighten my human knee, although I even so walk with a limp. My knee can still only curve a maximum 90-degree angle.

Physical therapy can help you bend your knee after meniscus surgery

Partial meniscectomy surgery involves trimming out the torn piece of meniscus. Usually surgeons do non limit your knee range of motion later on surgery. Even so information technology can require work to become your knee joint angle back to normal.

I remember doing some knee exercises on your own afterwards meniscus surgery tin can help. Merely as I hash out in this video, at that place are some of import reasons why working with a physical therapist can help you recover quicker.

Also read:
What exercise is realistic after meniscus surgery?
When can y'all return to work after meniscus surgery?

Please remember, while I appreciate your questions, I cannot and will non offer specific medical advice by electronic mail, on my website, on my podcast, or in social media. My responses are meant to provide general medical data and pedagogy. Please consult your physician or health intendance provider for your specific medical concerns.

Discover The Solution To Your Biggest Meniscus Tear Challenge Even If Y'all Have No Medical Knowledge and Y'all've Looked Everywhere and Haven't Been Able To Find an Respond!
Click here to larn more!

Recommended Products and Resource
Click here to go to Dr. David Geier's Amazon Influencer store!
Due to a large number of questions I have received over the years asking almost products for health, injuries, performance, and other areas of sports, practice, work and life, I have created an Amazon Influencer page. While this data and these products are not intended to treat any specific injury or illness yous have, they are products I use personally, have used or have tried, or I have recommended to others. THE SITE MAY Offering Wellness, Fettle, NUTRITIONAL AND OTHER SUCH INFORMATION, BUT SUCH INFORMATION IS DESIGNED FOR EDUCATIONAL AND Advisory PURPOSES But. THE CONTENT DOES Not AND IS NOT INTENDED TO CONVEY MEDICAL ADVICE AND DOES Not CONSTITUTE THE PRACTICE OF MEDICINE. You lot SHOULD Not RELY ON THIS INFORMATION AS A SUBSTITUTE FOR, NOR DOES IT Supersede, Professional person MEDICAL Advice, DIAGNOSIS, OR TREATMENT. THE SITE IS Non RESPONSIBLE FOR Whatever Actions OR INACTION ON A USER'Due south PART BASED ON THE Information THAT IS PRESENTED ON THE SITE. Delight note that every bit an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.